Our QA and testing philosophy
<put something here>
- Code is first pushed to our QA website.
- Minor updates, like text changes, get a baseline test (see below) on the QA site.
- Other updates get a more thorough test commensurate with the type and scope of the change.
- Once Anna announces QA testing is complete and has passed, Donald will copy the QA site to Production.
- One more QA will occur on production to catch any mistakes during the QA --> Prod copy. Typically the website will either not work at all or will work.
Baseline tests for http://isswqa.lbl.gov/cint:
- Create and submit a proposal.
- That's it!
Baseline tests for http://isswqa.lbl.gov/TMF:
- See above
Baseline tests for http://isswqa.lbl.gov/TMF_USEROFFICE:
This is dependant on which feature was added or changed. For example if the Admin Review feature was added or changed, then test that feature and verify that the proposal can be moved through all subsequent steps in the proposal lifecycle.
|Name||Position||Email||Work Phone||Cell (optional)|
|Donald Lee||LBNL firstname.lastname@example.org||(510) 486-5016||(510) 575-7171|
|David Childs||CINT programmer|
|Anna Vu||LBNL QA||LAVu@lbl.gov||(510) 495-2343|
|David Bunzow||LBNL User Office manager||DABunzow@lbl.gov|
|Heather Brown||CINT user Office manager|
An article on the importance of QA - http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000067.html